Hospitals in the St. Joseph's/Candler Healthcare System
The region's only faith-based, not-for-profit health system, St. Joseph's/Candler is the most experienced healthcare provider in the region, offering high-impact medical technology that rivals any medical facility in the country.
Its two anchor institutions, St. Joseph's Hospital and Candler Hospital, affiliated in April of 1997, consolidating duplicate services where appropriate and combining more than 325 years of dedicated healthcare service under one umbrella.
While both St. Joseph's Hospital and Candler Hospital cater to both primary and tertiary care, both are highly recognized for their individual specialty services.
St. Joseph's Hospital
Located on Savannah's south side, St. Joseph's Hospital is a 305-bed acute care hospital founded in 1875 by the Sisters of Mercy. In addition to general services, St. Joseph's is known for its breakthrough technology, highly specialized treatments and advanced medical procedures in a number of areas including:
With dedicated Neuro-Intensive Care, Coronary Care and Intensive Care units, St. Joseph's Hospital is able to provide highly skilled, advanced care for the critically ill patient.
11705 Mercy Boulevard
Savannah, Georgia, 31419
Located in Savannah's Midtown, Candler Hospital is Georgia's first hospital (1804) and the second oldest continuously operating hospital in the United States. The 331-bed facility is known for the finest in primary care, outpatient services and other specialty services including:
Mary Telfair Women's Hospital, located at Candler Hospital, is the region's undisputed leader in advanced obstetrical, gynecological, education and outpatient services for women. The Nancy N. and J.C Lewis Cancer & Research Pavilion is also located on the Candler campus and is affiliated with the NCI-designated H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute. It provides patients with access to some of the most advanced oncology services in the country.
5353 Reynolds Street
Savannah, Georgia 31405