Advanced Cardiovascular Surgical Services for Improved Outcomes
The Heart Hospital at St. Joseph’s Hospital performs the most open-heart surgeries and cardiovascular procedures in the region. Regarded as the region's leading center for cardiovascular care, our specialists offer a complete range of advanced diagnostic and therapeutic services. The Heart Hospital has a specialized team of board-certified cardiologists and surgeons, cardiac nurses and certified technologists to provide advanced cardiovascular care for both routine and complex heart and vascular conditions.
Using advanced cardiovascular surgical techniques, our expert surgeons offer patients the finest treatment available, including:
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG)
- Endoscopic vein harvesting
- Endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Off-bypass surgery
- Robotic thoracic procedures
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
Coronary Care Unit for Specialized Cardiovascular Monitoring
The Heart Hospital at St. Joseph’s/Candler provides a specialized Coronary Care Unit (CCU) for cardiac intensive care. Patients that require continuous and careful monitoring after a heart attack, surgery or unstable angina are able to be carefully monitored for any changes or instability of cardiac rhythm and treated with immediate intervention, if needed. This specialized attention from cardiovascular experts at The Heart Hospital improves critical care outcomes.
Hybrid Operating Suite
The Hybrid Suite is a devoted vascular/cardiothoracic operating suite which allows our physicians to perform minimally invasive interventional procedures and open surgery (if during the procedure it becomes medically necessary) without having to be rushed to the OR.
The types of procedures performed in the Hybrid Suite include:
- Carotid Endarterectomy allows physicians to remove a blockage from the carotid artery
- Repair of Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm: physicians place stents in an enlarged portion of the artery to restore blood flow
- Arteriovenous Fistulas: physicians create a passage way for removing and returning blood flow for dialysis
- Carotid Artery Stenting
For a physician referral to The Heart Hospital, call St. Joseph's/Candler CareCall at 912-819-3360 or 800-622-6877.