St. Joseph’s/Candler Imaging Center – Bluffton offers High-Field Open MRI system to enhance the patient experience
For some, the size of a traditional MRI system – even the open experience of latest wide-bore systems – can be frightening, especially for our youngest and oldest of patients. For others, a traditional MRI just may not fit their body type.
Enter the Oasis High-Field Open Magnetic Resonance Imaging System – better known as an open MRI. Available at St. Joseph’s/Candler Imaging Center – Bluffton, this high-tech imaging tool benefits both patients and physicians. It produces excellent imaging results, is less claustrophobic for patients and reduces the likelihood of having to reschedule if you are not compatible with that MRI system.
Ask your referring physician if open MRI is right for you.
About Oasis High-Field Open MRI
The Oasis open MRI is the most powerful whole body open MRI magnet available and provides ultimate patient comfort and maximum image quality. The inside of the Oasis framework provides a 270-degree unobstructed view, which minimizes anxiety and claustrophobia and maximizes a more pleasant environment for the patient during an MRI scan. This also allows the patient to have a loved one or friend nearby during the exam for further reassurance – great for our pediatric patients!
Open MRI combines comfort with powerful technology and an ultra-fast workstation to make patient exams as quick and smooth as possible.
In Bluffton/Hilton Head, we will use open MRI for a variety of diagnostic scans and exams including:
- Body Imaging
Some specific features of the Oasis Open MRI are:
- 1.2T Superconducting Magnet – highest field strength open MRI
- Open architecture – unlimited lateral opening provides free range of motion and high patient accommodation
- 660-pound weight limit – increased patient accommodation
- Low vertical table range – motorized from 20-35 inches
What types of patients can benefit from open MRI
Open MRI is friendly to all types of patients. However, some that previously were bothered by traditional MRI may find open MRI more comfortable.
Open MRI allows:
- Pediatric patients – continuous contact during an exam
- Bariatric patients – comfortable space in any position
- Geriatric patients – easy patient access to reduce stress and worry
- Claustrophobic patients – open, approachable and relaxing experience
SJ/C Imaging Center – Bluffton is located at Belfair Towne Village East:
10-A Oak Forest Road
Bluffton, SC 29910
To schedule an appointment:
SJ/C Centralized Scheduling:
912-819-6800 or 800-395-7873