Foot & Ankle Physical Therapy at St. Joseph's/Candler
Many people suffer from a multitude of foot- and ankle-related injuries and problems caused by trauma, repetitive overuse syndromes, improper shoe wear and lack of appropriate foot and ankle support. Problems include plantar fasciitis, ankle sprains/strains, Achilles tendonitis, fractures and other related pathologies.
Our physical therapy centers offer a variety of services for the foot and ankle including:
- Individualized therapy
- Pain management
- Custom orthotics
Goals of therapy:
- Decrease acute or chronic inflammation and pain using conservative techniques such as pulsed ultrasound, iontophoresis with dexamethazone and fluidotherapy.
- Improve muscle strength and flexibility and reduce gait abnormalities.
- Provide education on preventive measures to avoid recurrent problems.
- Problem solve with patients and families on reduction of pain and impairments during rehabilitation.
- Provide a user-friendly and comprehensive home exercise program for use both during and after therapy.
- Provide regular and consistent feedback to referring physician.
- Seek custom orthotic intervention when appropriate with physician's approval.
Our intensive and supportive program has succeeded in recovery for patients with both acute onset and chronic foot and ankle pain.