Occupational Therapy at St. Joseph's/Candler
Occupational therapy is a health and rehabilitation profession that helps individuals achieve independence in their lives despite disabilities. Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants work with people of all ages who, because of physical, developmental, social or emotional problems, need specialized assistance to lead productive and satisfying lives. The term “occupational” refers to any actions that are meaningful to the individual within the environment in which he/she lives and functions.
- increase and maintain muscle strength and endurance, as well as increase coordination
- decrease swelling/inflammation of joints, decrease pain and promote optimal health
- restore and increase range of motion in joints
- decrease muscle spasm and spasticity
- regain maximum possible movement, strength and function after stroke, head injury, spinal cord damage, neuropathy or peripheral nerve damage/injury
- promote wound healing, prevent scarring and maintain normal muscle and joint functions after burns, skill ulcers or pressure sores
- promote rapid return to athletics or work following an injury.
St. Joseph's/Candler takes pride in our dedication to complete, patient-centered care. Some highlights of our excellent team and service include:
- The wait time is less than three minutes, on average, and the registration process is streamlined.
- First-time outpatient appointments are available within 24-48 business hours.
- Our outpatient facilities make occupational therapy as convenient as possible. Our office staff will help address any insurance and billing questions you may have.
- Our patient satisfaction scores for the outpatient centers show that we are above national norms for quality and other outpatient satisfaction indicators.
- St. Joseph’s/Candler physical therapy has more facilities, equipment and experienced staff than any other provider in the region. Because of this, we see more patients than any provider in the region.
Outpatient occupational therapy is offered at two of our outpatient rehabilitation locations:
Candler Outpatient Center
5353 Reynolds Street,
Savannah, Ga. 31405
We are located beside the main entrance at Candler Hospital
St. Joseph's Outpatient Center
11702 Mercy Boulevard, Plaza B Suite 2C
Savannah, GA 31419
912-819-2446 or 800-878-5637
We are located across the street from St. Joseph’s Hospital on the second floor