Outpatient Neurological Rehabilitation Program
The Outpatient Neurological Rehabilitation Program offered through the Candler Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation Center is a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitation of individuals suffering from a variety of neurological impairments and pathologies. Our highly trained rehabilitation team provides a complete spectrum of advanced patient care to meet the individualized needs of each patient and their significant others, families or caregivers.
The Outpatient Neurological Rehabilitation Program offers a variety of services to create a complete care plan for patients, including:
- Multidisciplinary rehabilitation approach involving licensed and certified physical, occupational and speech therapists.
- Staff of therapists with multiple levels of experience and training.
- Age-specific care covering pediatrics to geriatrics (the elderly).
- Post-therapy and wellness programs established through The Wellness Center at Candler Hospital.
- Foot and ankle orthotic intervention and fabrication.
- Home environment assessments, modifications and/or equipment.
- On-site advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certified staff.
- Opportunities for community re-entry activities.
- Assessments of leisure/recreational needs and recommendations for adaptations or specialized equipment.
- Comprehensive on-site aquatic therapy program.
- Therapeutic gym space designated for our staff and essential neurological equipment to enhance access and convenience.
- State-of-the-art equipment meeting the needs of the neurological patient including but not limited to:
- Biometrics upper limb exerciser
- Cognitive software exercises to enhance function
- Computer-assisted voice, pediatric and cognitive therapy
- LiteGait - balance and body weight support gait trainer
- Nu-step - recumbent stepper and upper body ergometer