The Mary Telfair Women’s Hospital Empowers Women with Tools to Improve Overall Health
The team at Mary Telfair Women's Hospital at St. Joseph’s/Candler believes that the road to lifelong health begins with making small healthy lifestyle choices every day. Whether you're just beginning your commitment to a healthy lifestyle and need help with where to start, or you're looking for ways to spread good health in your neighborhood, St. Joseph's/Candler has the resources that can help you in your mission.
Education is the first step to preventing many chronic diseases. Commit to a healthier lifestyle with these resources
- Screenings provide a complete look at your current heart health
- The St. Joseph’s/Candler Wellness Center offers individualized fitness programs
- Our Living Smart blog has a section of articles dedicated to women’s health
- Disease Prevention classes, such as the prediabetes management program, are resources offered at St. Joseph’s/Candler
- The Health Library is a comprehensive encyclopedia of medical knowledge that can link you to thousands of health articles
Women's Health Research - from the National Institutes of Health.
Healthy Woman- providing free, unbiased health information for women of all ages.
National Women's Health Week - celebrate this annual occurance with health tips, frequently asked questions, and ways to de-stress your life.
Go Red for Women - The American Heart Association's Go Red for Women campaign seeks to inform women about their risk for heart disease. Did you know that cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of women each year in the United States? Lower your risk with their quick lifestyle tips.
American Diabetes Association - provides exercise, nutrition and stress relief techniques to keep you healthy, happy and active.