Vascular Surgery in Superior Operating Suites
Vascular disease is the hardening of the arteries due to plaque accumulations. At The Heart Hospital we have many ways to fight arterial plaque, but sometimes surgery is the best option.
We offer the latest treatment options for vascular disease in our state-of-the-art facilities.
Hybrid Operating Suite
The Hybrid Suite is a devoted vascular/cardiothoracic operating suite which allows our physicians to perform minimally invasive interventional procedures and open surgery (if during the procedure it becomes medically necessary) without having to be rushed to the OR.
The types of procedures performed in the Hybrid Suite include;
- Carotid Endarterectomy allows physicians to remove a blockage from the carotid artery
- Repair of Aortic Abdominal Aneurysm: physicians place stents in an enlarged portion of the artery to restore blood flow
- Arteriovenous Fistulas: physicians create a passage way for removing and returning blood flow for dialysis
- Carotid Artery Stenting
- Physicians use catheters to clear arteries of plaque
- Peripheral arterial stenting and angioplasty: surgeon will place a stent in one of the peripheral arteries to increase the blood flow
Interventional Radiology Suite
- Balloon Angioplasty and Stents: physicians place a stent within the blood vessel to increase blood flow or a balloon to clear blockage
Dr. Lee Yates is the Medical Director of vascular surgery at The Heart Hospital at St. Joseph's Hospital.