Vascular Screenings from St. Joseph's/Candler
Are you at risk of a stroke, heart attack or amputations?
The Heart Hospital has begun holding vascular screenings around the region to help prevent stroke, heart attack or amputations.
- Aneurism Ultrasound- Detects aneurisms in the abdomen and determines potential risk of rupturing.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Test (PAD)- Detects poor circulation in extermities to avoid serious complications like amputations or death.
- Echo Heart Screening- Detects enlargement of the heart, valve abnormalities, blood clots and tumors.
- Carotid Artery (Stroke)- Identifies plaque build-up in carotid arteries - the #1 cause of stroke.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)- Monitors the heart's electrical activities and helps predict heart attacks, irregular rhythm and more.
Do you have the risk factors?
- Age 55 or older
- High Cholesterol
- Family History
Call 912-819-3360 to request a day of screenings near you or find out when the next screening day will be available.
To learn more about heart disease and other vascular diseases, visit the St. Joseph's/Candler Health Encyclopedia.