We invite you to Bē Health & Well-Being® in Richmond Hill
Bē fit. Bē inspired. Bē healthy.
St. Joseph's/Candler and Raydient Places have developed a unique alliance for its newest community in Richmond Hill - Heartwood.
Residents of Heartwood will be encouraged to Bē fit, Bē inspired and Bē healthy with the assistance of a personal St. Joseph's/Candler Bē Health navigator who will blend access to a variety of medical services with healthy lifestyle choices and programs designed to prevent illness and improve the quality of life for the entire family. Each activity will seek to positively impact the physical, emotional, spiritual and social well-being of the Heartwood community.
See the full class schedule for all of January 2023-March 2023
This unique healthcare model activated by St. Joseph's/Candler will expand beyond traditional healthcare services, putting residents at the epicenter of a revolutionary new way of thinking about their health, engaging the entire community of Richmond Hill to Bē Health & Well-Being®.
Service offerings and fitness classes
Activating the personal well-being of the Heartwood community is one of the goals of this strategic alliance. The elements of well-being can be broken into 4 main buckets: physical, emotional/mental, spiritual and social/societal. All of these elements of well-being are important attributes to the human condition and developing programming around these elements within the community will help residents enhance all or specific elements they would like to focus on.
All classes are taught at The Outfitters at Heartwood. Here's a glimpse of just a few of our classes:
- Yoga - These mind-body classes are designed to let you slow down, de-stress, recharge and bring more balance into your life through a variety of mat-based postures, stretches and breathing techniques. Offered every Tuesday at 8 a.m. and every Wednesday at 5 p.m. (Kids yoga and family yoga also offered every Thursday.) Sign up for our next yoga class on our app for Google or Apple.
- POUND - You become the music in an exhilarating full body workout that combines cardio and strength training. This class is designed for all fitness levels. Offered every Monday at 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. Sign up for our next POUND class on our app for Google or Apple.
- Kids POUND - We didn't forget about our younger clients with this kid-focused program that fuses movement and music. By combining exercise and interactive activities, kids will learn new ways to explore movement, embrace creativity and rock out. This class is geared towards children 6- to 12-years-old. Offered every Monday at 3:30 p.m. Sign up for our next Kids POUND class on our app for Google or Apple.
- Core & More - Start your weekend right with 30 minutes of core - focused, moderate to high intensity exercises. This class aims to increase cardiovascular fitness and muscular strength. Offered every Friday at noon. Sign up for our next Core & More class on our app for Google or Apple.
And there's so much more! See the full class schedule for all of January 2023-March 2023. You can view all our upcoming classes and events and register on the Bē Health app available for free on the Google and Apple app stores.
Have kids? Check out our upcoming Camp FUN! Click here for details or sign up on the app.
We also do a monthly lecture. Check out our next two planned lectures and sign up on the app. It's free!
Classes subject to change based on community interest. We encourage residents to let the Bē Health navigator know if different classes may be of interest to you.
Meet the Bē Health & Well-Being® Navigator
Our Bē Health & Well-Being® navigator at Heartwood is Sarah Hanson. She is the activator of all community health and well-being activities, training and consulting offered through the Bē Health program. The Bē Health navigator will keep you up to date with all the services available to you and your family and serve as your mentor and "coach" with the goal of leading residents to a healthier lifestyle. Sarah can also refer you to additional services unique to your health care needs. For example, if a resident is interested in nutritional counseling, the Bē Health navigator can arrange for a dietitian to come on site for a consultation.
The Bē Health navigator is onsite at The Outfitters at Heartwood (pictured above). To contact Sarah, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 912-675-0524.
Sarah Hanson is an experienced health and well-being educator with more than 15 years working in the industry. She recently left the City of Savannah where she served as the Health & Wellness Coordinator for more than 11 years to take on a new role as the Bē Health & Well-Being Navigator with St Joseph’s/Candler. She is skilled in disease management, occupational health and health and wellness coaching.
Sarah earned her Master's in Public Health from Armstrong Atlantic State University with a strong emphasis in resiliency and positive psychology. She has many tools to help increase resiliency and positivity toward increased success with lifestyle change.
Sarah has received certifications from WellCoaches School of Coaching as a Certified Health and Wellness Coach (CHWC); National Commission for Health Education credentialing as a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES); YogaRenew as
a certified Mindfulness Coach; and from Emory University Diabetes and Technical Center as a certified Lifestyle Coach for Diabetes Prevention.
In addition, Sarah has completed a 95-hour Children's Yoga Training and is currently working on completion of a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training.
Sarah is passionate about health education and helping others reach their health goals. As a health educator and wellness coach, she believes in creating positive motivation through coaching conversation by focusing on participants’ individual strengths
and internal resources to succeed in their goals. She has extensive experience in partnering, coaching and training individuals who are navigating their way with pre-existing conditions and multiple challenges to see opportunities where obstacles
Sarah also “walks her talk” being a wellness coach and lives her life based on her values of faith, family, health, food and travel. She has a passion for running and has completed 14 ultra marathons, mostly in the mountains. Additionally, she enjoys obstacle course races, biking and yoga. For relaxation, she likes spending time with her family, yoga, reading and just being present.
Bē Health & Well-Being® App
The Bē Health & Well-Being® app by St. Joseph's/Candler has an exclusive section just for Heartwood residents with specific community benefits. Join classes, contact the Bē Health navigator and receive the latest health content. Download for free now.
Bē Health & Well-Being® Loyalty Program
An exclusive benefit for Heartwood residents is the Loyalty Program accessible through the Bē Health app. The Bē Health Loyalty Program is a jointly sponsored activity of St. Joseph's/Candler and Raydient Places. It will offer a fun and easy way to get discounts for specific activities, events, local retail, restaurants, grocery stores, etc. throughout the Heartwood community. Residents can earn points through healthy lifestyle choices and exercise that may be applied to various services and other offerings.
Other Onsite Activities
Cultivating a healthy lifestyle for the entire family is one of the primary objectives of Bē Health & Well-Being® and the Heartwood community. That means planning fun activities to engage the entire family. Some of the highlights of other activities include:
- Bē Health & Well-Being® Walking Trail Club - You'll meet the Bē Health navigator for a weekly group activity on the new walking trail that provides miles of safe walking trails. The Bē Health navigator will incorporate stretching and other exercises into the walk to enhance your overall physical, emotional and social well-being. The schedule will be based on interest and will be published in the Bē Health app.
- Saturday Health/Fitness Events on the Lawn - The Heartwood community will offer Saturday family activities for residents on the lawn adjacent to The Outfitters at Heartwood during the month. Depending on the theme for the day, St. Joseph's/Candler Bē Health & Well-Being® will incorporate a health or fitness component into the day's event.
- Community Lectures - Experts from St. Joseph's/Candler will provide community lectures on a variety of health care topics. You can access the list of topics, dates and times via your Bē Health app. All lectures will take place in The Outfitters at Heartwood.
- Kids Camps/Fitness Programs - During the summer months and some holidays, Bē Health & Well-Being® will offer various kids camps focused on fitness. The camp types will be customized to the fitness needs of the age groups registered and may include a focus on strength and training, weight control, diet and nutrition or simply overall fitness. NEXT DATES: March 16 & 17. Sign up on the app.
Class schedule for January 2023-March 2023
Expanded services coming Spring 2024
St. Joseph's/Candler will open a freestanding facility on the property across from The Outfitters at Heartwood in the spring of 2024 housing primary care, visiting specialists offices, urgent care and other healthcare management services. Bē Health & Well-Being ® services also will be expanded to include:
- Annual health assessments for residents
- Onsite screenings (heel scans, skin cancer, etc.)
- Other health and wellness offerings