Comprehensive Team Treatment for Neuro-Oncology
The neuro-oncology multidisciplinary team uses a collaborative, multi-disciplinary approach for assessing, planning, monitoring, coordinating and evaluating the delivery of cancer care services for patients with a diagnosis of primary or secondary central nervous system (CNS) tumors, including malignant and benign tumors, which utilize oncologic therapies.
The team meets monthly and is comprised of multi-disciplinary physicians and allied healthcare professionals, including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, neurosurgeons, radiologists, pathologists, radiation therapists, nutritionists, oncology certified nurses, social workers and patient navigators.
The neuro-oncology multi-disciplinary team strives to:
- Standardize educational materials, referral and work-up processes and procedures
- Develop treatment plans through tumor boards to be utilized as guidelines in the treatment and care management of CNS cancers of the brain and spinal cord
- Develop a standardized continuum of care for patients including palliative care, pain management and other support services necessary in follow-up care
- Utilize patient navigation services as a critical component of patient care management
- Provide access to clinical trials for CNS tumors
Contact A Neuro-Oncology Nurse Navigator
For more information about neuro-oncology or for a physician referral, please call our Neuro Patient Navigator at 912-819-5794.
For More Information about Comprehensive Cancer Care
For information about comprehensive cancer services and physician specialists at the Nancy N. and J.C. Lewis Cancer & Research Pavilion, please call 912-819-5704. We look forward to helping you.