Visitor restrictions are being enforced at St. Joseph’s/Candler locations
Updated Friday, Nov. 24
Due to the significant increase in flu and other respiratory illnesses in the community, St. Joseph's/Candler is implementing our annual Flu and Respiratory Illness Restrictions. Effective Friday, Nov. 24, the following flu and respiratory illness restrictions will go into effect for visitors:
- If you have not been vaccinated for the flu or have any symptoms of respiratory illness, we ask that you wear a mask.
- For the safety of our patients and for the safety of your children, children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit any patients at St. Joseph's/Candler.
- Those under the age of 18 cannot visit patients at the Telfair BirthPlace at Candler Hospital unless they are the primary caretaker.
- If you feel sick or have any symptoms of respiratory illness, please do not visit patients in this facility. Symptoms include:
- Fever (100 degrees or more)
- Sore throat
- Muscle/joint/body aches
These restrictions apply to all St. Joseph's/Candler hospitals, physician offices and other facilities.