SmartSenior Program at St. Joseph's/Candler
SmartSenior is the most comprehensive senior membership program in Southeast Georgia and the South Carolina Low Country for persons ages 55 years and older. With over 4,000 members, the SmartSenior Program offers something for everyone.
Or, print out the SmartSenior member application here.
The below link will direct you to a formatted page to renew your SmartSenior membership. Please disregard the specific date and time listed. Your membership will be valid for one year based on your renewal date.
Apply for our SmartSenior Advisory Board
August 2023 activities calendar
Updated Merchant Discount List (July 2023-Jan. 2024)
Caring for the Whole Person
For a nominal annual membership fee of only $18, members enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Health screenings - Including, height/weight/BMI (body mass index), waist-hip ratio, blood pressure, resting heart rate, oxygen level
- Educational health seminars - Monthly Lunch and Learn seminars where members enjoy a complimentary meal and a presentation by a health professional and/or community leader on topics of interest.
- Office services - Including, copies, faxing, secure document shredding, laminating, notary service, library
- Computer Lab - SmartSenior members have access to computers with internet access and free printing.
- Line-dancing classes - SmartSenior offers beginner and advanced line-dancing classes on a weekly basis.
- Medicare counseling - For assistance in understanding those daunting Medicare forms, policies and procedures, a counselor is available by appointment.
- Merchant discount program - You will receive an extensive merchant discount list featuring exclusive discounts to SmartSenior members at retail and restaurant establishments throughout the area, as well as discounts at the Candler and St. Joseph's Hospital cafeterias. See the list of SmartSenior merchant discounts here.
- Discover Local - Discover new places, travel back in time, and peek behind the curtain through special SmartSenior group experiences around Savannah and the surrounding areas.
- Special events - Popular social events such as the Bingo Bash and end-of-year Holiday Party are offered annually to SmartSenior members.
- Weekly activities - Including, fitness classes, Mahjong, sewing society, movies, craft club
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements for membership in SmartSenior?
The program and its services are available to individuals who are 55 years of age and older. A short application form will need to be completed.
Does membership include a discount on my hospital bill?
No, membership does not include discounts on hospital services.
Where are activities held?
Some activities are held in the SmartSenior office, while others are held in community centers or at St. Joseph's and Candler Hospitals. Our SmartSenior Newsletter, sent to all members, designates what events are occurring at each location.
How do I join?
1. Online by filling out this form
2. Call us at 912-352-4405
3. In person at the SmartSenior Office
836 E. 65th Street #8 (Medical Arts Center)
Savannah, GA 31405
Amy Taylor, manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Christina Danos, publications and events coordinator: email@example.com