Expert Navigation on Your Road to Remission
The Nancy N. and J.C. Lewis Cancer & Research Pavilion is committed to improved patient care including improved patient experiences and outcomes. We provide Nurse Navigators and Patient Resource Navigators to help you through the process of our expert cancer care.
Our selection as a National Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) places emphasis on seamlessly navigating patients through the continuum of cancer care in the shortest amount of time medically possible. As an original NCORP site, at the Nancy N. and J.C. Lewis Cancer & Research Pavilion we emphasize this seamless navigation throughout every step of your journey through our range of advanced cancer services.
How Can a Nurse Navigator Help You?
Nurse navigators lead patients through the sometimes confusing and at times scary journey through your cancer treatment. Your Nurse Navigator can:
- Provide education to assist you in understanding your diagnosis and treatment options
- Act as a patient advocate on your behalf
- Provide access to clinical trials
- Provide access to the Steward Center for Palliative Care
- Decrease barriers to treatment
- Connect you to financial counselors
- Help you coordinate your physician appointments and assist with physician referrals
- Coordinate delivery of test results, lab work and X-rays
- Introduce you to survivorship programs
Meet Our Nurse Navigator Team
Our Nurse Navigator team includes:
- Krista Aliffi, BSN, RN, CBCN, breast cancer nurse navigator, clinical special services manager, 912-819-7053
- Dana Coleman, BSN, RN, OCN, oncology nurse navigator (all cancers), clinical special services manager,melanographer for MoleSafe, 912-819-5794
- Karen Iacino, MSN, RNBC, oncology nurse navigator (breast cancer survivorship), 912-819-7106
- Rachel Sallach, RN, OCN, oncology nurse navigator (breast), 912-819-5809
- Peggy Garcia, RN, diagnostic breast navigator, 912-819-6397
- Laurie Luteran, BSN, RN, OCN, oncology nurse navigator (thoracic cancers - lung and esophageal), 912-819-5817
- Kaitlyn Youmans, MSN, RN, oncology nurse navigator (Rapid Access Lung Cancer Treatment Program and lung screening navigator), 912-819-5169 or 912-666-8000
- Theresa Wilkins, RN, OCN, oncology nurse navigator (head and neck, derma-skin, pancreas/liver), 912-819-5796
- Jennifer Stuart, RN, CPON, oncology nurse navigator (GYN, heme and sarcoma), 912-819-7655
- Dana Eisenberg, RN, BBA, CCMC, oncology nurse navigator (head & neck, CNS/brain, GI, GU; South Carolina), 912-856-5688
- Ja'Maica Brown, LCRP navigation operations assistant, 912-819-8126
Patient Resource Navigators Assist with Local Services
A patient resource navigator is a social worker who can assist you with financial programs and information related to your diagnosis, provide links to community agencies and services and give support to you, your family and caregivers. The navigation program at the LCRP promotes:
- Education and assistance navigating through the diagnostic tests and treatment regimens
- Psychosocial support and counseling
- Financial assistance
- Treatment-compliance issues, whether it is transportation, finances or psychosocial issues
Meet Our Patient Resource Navigator Team
Our patient resource navigator team includes:
- Sarah Copeland, MSW - Social Worker 912-819-5167
- Marcia Thompson, BSW - Social Worker 912-819-8784
- Tonya Ruffin, MHA, LMSW - Social Worker 912-651-5788
- Farris Smith, LMSW - Social Worker 843-836-7122 (Bluffton) or 843-342-8321 (Hilton Head)
Financial Navigator Now Available to Patients
As part of our comprehensive cancer care to patients, the LCRP now has available a full-time financial navigator to assist patients with their financial needs. Learn more here.
Our financial navigator is:
- Sophia Medley - Financial Navigator 912-819-7631.
Get In Touch Your Navigator
For more information or to contact a nurse navigator, please call 912-819-5704 or 800-819-1081.